TheHealingLife.org had the opportunity of speaking with Kim McCarthy of Centerville Ohio. Kim works at The Reiki Room of Dayton as a Usui Reiki Master/Teacher practitioner. Kim received her Master attunement and training from William Lee Rand, and has also completed the Shinpiden level with Frans Stiene of The International House of Reiki.
I spoke with Kim about the philosophy behind the practice of reiki:
“I view reiki as a philosophy itself. [It was formulated] by a man, Dr Usui, in Japan in the late 1800′s. The system he developed is built on a set of precepts, which are basically rules to govern and to guide you in your daily life. Those precepts are, in simple language:
‘Just for today, I will not worry. I will not anger. I will be kind to myself and others. I will be honest in my work. I will be grateful for my many blessings.’
Reiki also works on the the principle that our body can innately heal itself. So we work with the energy, the universal life force- energy that is flowing through me, flowing through everyone. And we use that energy to help balance, restore, and increase our energy so that our body can work optimally and so it can heal itself. That is kind of what reiki is based on.”
Take a few moments to watch the rest of my discussion with Kim to learn more about this unique art of healing.
Interview Questions we asked Kim in the video below:
- What are the unique benefits of reiki treatments?
- What inspired you to become a reiki master? (and how does that fit with your personality?)
- What are your favorite things about your practice?
- What is the main reason patients come to visit you?
- Do you encourage your clients to practice other alternative medicines?
- What are some success stories of patients that you have helped?
- What advice do you have for people interested in this practice as either a reiki master or a first time patient?