TheHealingLife.org had the pleasure of speaking with Beth Griffing of Portland Oregon. Beth works at Catalyst Acupuncture and Traditional Oriental Medicine in Portland. She received her degree from Reed College with her BA in Cultural Anthropology and from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM) with a Master’s in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Connect with Beth on Twitter:
Interview questions we asked Beth in the video below:
- What inspired you to become an acupuncturist?
- When did you decide you wanted to become a licensed acupuncturist to start helping people?
- What are your favorite things about your career?
- What are the benefits of receiving acupuncture?
- Do patients come as a supplemental treatment to other conditions or for the overall experience of acupuncture?
- Do you perform acupuncture on yourself?
- Talk a little bit about how acupuncture has become a more accepted form of treatment in recent years.
- Do you feel that the positive thinking surrounding acupuncture is the result of more research being done?
- Discuss some of the successes you have had with patients.
- How do you feel about the term alternative medicine?
- Do you have any advice for those trying acupuncture for the first time or those wanting to begin a career as an acupuncturist?